7/9/13

New Shoes: Mizuno Wave Inspire

Getting new shoes is always a treat for any run runner and I can happily say that I got to run in new shoes today! I've had the Mizuno Wave Rider for 3 shoes in a row and I needed a change and a little more support. I actually got the Wave Inspire which is a stability shoe. They have just enough cushion and aren't big and bulky at all. 


Aren't they cute? Not that it matters, of course! 


I headed out to the park for a quick run. It was already ridiculously hot by 8:00 am but I felt nice and rested so I pushed it a little. 



5.5 miles with an average 7:55 min/mile. I had a faster pace for the first 3 or 4 miles and I slowed down for the last bit. Did I mention how hot it is? 


After I was done, I was working on Instagram as I was sitting drinking my Nuun. I was drenched in sweat and bent over and this lady stopped and said, "Honey, are you okay?"  I assured her I was fine and she replied, "Okay, good. Just making sure you aren't having a heat stroke."  That made me laugh! I almost joked with her and said yes but she was elderly and I didn't want to worry her. 

I hope you all are having a great week! Run happy my friends,
Leah B. 

No comments:

Post a Comment