12/24/10

Vegetarian Christmas and COOKIES :)

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

Tonight my sweet husband made a delicious dinner.  He made a roast for himself and a separate veggie version for me.  Mine had carrots, potatoes, onions, and mushrooms.  He topped it with a Merlot wine sauce.  It was amazing!  I also needed a little green to my plate so I had a spinach salad with broccoli.



Then the good part came...
Last night we made some homemade cookie dough from scratch from a recipe I found from Glamour.  It was made with 1/2 whole wheat flour and less sugar so it was a healthier version.  We let it chill over night so it would be ready for tonight. 


Aren't the shapes cute?!



I have to admit, the cookies didn't taste quite as good as normal sugar cookies.  So, we made up for the healthy part and added frosting and sprinkles!



Now it's time to relax with my husband.  Merlot and a movie sounds great!  I hope you all are having a great Christmas Eve with your loved ones.  We'll wake up tomorrow and have cinnamon rolls and coffee and exchange gifts.  Then I'm running 15 and I'm so excited about tapering.  I'm in serious need of rest.  Next week is 12 and then the week after that is DISNEY MARATHON!! 

Merry Christmas!
Leah B.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome!! Those look delish:)
    I was a vegetarian for about 1.5 yrs.....I want to go back so badly.
    I may have to read more about your lifestyle to give me the PUSH!

    Happy New Year!
    Daph

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a great Christmas.

    Kevin
    http://halftriing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete