11/12/10

Long Run + The Sniffles

Because I haven't been feeling great with this cold and sinus crud (or whatever it is), last night I got myself to bed early in preparation for my long run.  It's kind of funny and a little annoying to wake myself up in a sneezing fit in the middle of the night!  I got up pretty early and was feeling much better.  I premedicated myself with nasal spray and brought along my cough drops.

I headed over to Fairhope to meet Jeanene to get some miles in before the Phat Girlz met.  We ran 8 and then I continued to run another 6 with Kat and the rest of the phatties for a total of 14 miles.  It was a really great long run!  I was pretty happy with my 9:31 overall pace.  It was so nice to chat with these lovely ladies and leave my ipod behind. 

When I got home, I ate a big bowl of Kashi cinnamon cereal with soy milk, showered, and got in bed.  I slept for about 2 hours but would've slept longer if I could!  Now, if I could stop sneezing and sniffling, that would be great!  I really hope I get over this soon.  I'll gladly embrace tomorrow's rest day!

I really need a new playlist by the way.  Any song suggestions?  I like all kinds!

Happy Friday,
Leah B.

2 comments:

  1. Great job doing a long run while you're sick! As for playlists, I like to listen to music that's a particular BPM (beat per minute) based on how fast I feel like going. You can google songs that are 170 or 180 bpm (for example) and you'll find lists of songs at that speed. I find that it pushes me on my run AND I get a random mix of new music. Bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, take care of yourself, girl. ::hugs:: I hope you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete