7/22/10

Cooking with Mom; Run with Micaela

Lately my mom and I have been cooking for our family and friends on occasion.  I have really enjoyed this time with her!  It's nice to learn from a more advanced cook :)  A couple nights ago we had some friends in from out of town for a couple days to visit.  We cooked pasta with alfredo sauce and broccoli and I made the salad.  I love a good salad almost more than anything!  I started out with baby spinach and added chopped peppers, feta cheese, and croutons.  Oh, and on the side was some grilled chicken for the meat eaters.  My hubby grabbed my camera and caught me in chopping action...

Smile for the picture :)
...and the finished product.
We had a great time with everyone!

Today, I slept in until 12:30 p.m. (my goal was 1 p.m.) so I did pretty good.  In case you are wondering, I work night shift as an RN and so I try to sleep in as late as possible on my nights to work.  My sister, Micaela came over and we headed out for the gym.  Don't we look alike? 



I did another cardio day.  I just wasn't in the mood for weights.  My wimpy arms didn't want to work so I just ran...again.  It was a good five miler and elliptical sweat session though!  I really need motivation to work my upper body.  Any suggestions?
Post workout I ate some dark sweet cherries and some yogurt yum!  Now, it's time to brew coffee and go get ready.
See you soon,
Leah B.

7 comments:

  1. You and your sister really do look alike. You're both really pretty.

    I had a hard time motivating myself to do strength training so I decided logging it in a cute notebook would help. I decided I would reward myself after I completed so many pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay no one should look that prettty while chopping....I'm just sayin'. NO FAIR.

    YAY for the "just ran" workout!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your sister definitely look alike, and even matching shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUN:)
    I love that you and your Micaela run together
    SO CUTE
    haha!!!
    Its almost MONDAY
    YAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, you 2 look alike. The dinner looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with EMZ--no one should look that prettty while cooking in the kitchen:) Move over, Rachel Ray, here comes Leah B!

    I just read that runners tend have a lower bone mineral density compared to non-runners. Reasons could be due to the fact that runners have less muscle mass and running increases cortisol levels, which is known to cause bone loss. Hence, runners are recommended to lift weights to ensure their bones are strong and healthy. How's that for motivation? :)

    ReplyDelete