7/19/10

Garmin

Yesterday I was able to get a five mile run in.  I was starting to feel a little sore by the end of the night.  Just two and a half weeks off from running and I was sore and it's not like I wasn't doing anything.  I was doing the elliptical and cross training.  I can't remember the last time I was sore!  I realized that there are muscles that can't be worked the same way except for running.
I went to Gulf Shores for the evening last night to meet my friend, Calee.  She's staying with her family on the beach.  We went to the Hangout and listened to some live music.  It's always nice to get together with friends!


We also met some new friends.  One lady we met actually owns a health/fitness store in Foley.  I'll definitely have to check it out soon!  I am in need of some more tanks and sports bras to get ready for Disney!  Speaking of training for Disney....I still haven't gotten a Garmin! 
I want this one so badly.  The pink and grey one, of course!  Maybe my husband will read this and take a hint...probably not.  Anyway, I really need this because I really want a PR and this would help me so much.  Do you have a GPS watch?  Do you think it helps much?
See you soon,
Leah B.

2 comments:

  1. I have Mr. Green Garmin - a 405. I love it. I'm one of those people who cannot gauge how fast they are running and Mr. Green Garmin helps me slow down when I start out and push myself when I get tired. I love the heart rate monitor feature because I can tell when I'm run down or feeling under the weather because my heart rate sky rockets and then I'll stop and walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leah! Thanks for the comment on my blog--glad to have another veg runner around! :o) I have a Garmin 305, so it's big and clunky and not cute like the little one you posted here. I looked at the 405s which are smaller, but they got a lot of poor reviews bc the touch-screen can be kind of twitchy I guess. I know a girl who has one and she wishes she'd gotten the 305.

    Anyway I love mine--it really lets me have the freedom to run wherever I want and still know how far I've gone! And the heart rate monitor is really neat and helpful too. You should keep checking Amazon.com for the one you want... the prices go up and down from day to day, and I got an amazing deal on mine that way (it was almost 70% off!!)

    ReplyDelete